Arson is when someone deliberately sets a fire to someone's property. It can be very serious and very worrying for anyone who has been targeted.
There are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of arson:
- Minimise the about of rubbish left outside your property
- Put out bins on the morning they are due to be collected, if you can
- Use security lighting to keep dark areas well lit
- Make sure your windows and doors lock and are in good working order
- Park vehicles in well lit areas
Contact your local Fire and Rescue team for a fire risk assessment (website details below under 'useful links and contacts')
If you are concerned about arson you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You can download Humberside Fire and Rescue fire plan, detailing what to do in the event of a fire, below.
If you have been a victim or arson and need support, you can contact us. 0300 303 1976.
Useful links and contacts
Humberside Fire and Rescue Public Safety Referral forms. Members of the public and professional agencies can use this form to request prevention services from Humberside Fire and Rescue and refer someone for a Safe and Well visit.
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue - Book a home safety check. Information about booking a safety check and Safe and Well checks in South Yorkshire.