Going To Court

Help and support in court

If your case is going to court you’ll be contacted by your local witness care unit, a criminal justice department managed by the police and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

A witness care officer will be responsible for managing your case and give you all the information you need to attend court. They’ll also discuss any concerns or questions you may have. If you are a young, vulnerable or intimidated witness you can apply for extra help from the witness care unit or contact your local Victim Support team if you want more information about services available to you.

Get in touch with your local witness care unit or Victim Support team:

Witness care unit — Humberside: 01482 340 282
Witness care unit — South Yorkshire: 0114 296 2618 or 0114 296 3642
Victim Support Humberside & South Yorkshire: 0300 303 1976

Find out more about what to expect at each stage of the court trial below.

Related links

Hide page